We’re launching our DevOps Discussed Webinar Series!
Our first webinar in the series will focus on DORA’s 2018 State of DevOps report and Outsourcing at 1pm (BST) on 18th September 2018.
Global feedback from almost 1,900 technical professionals reveals:
“low-performing teams are 3.9 times more likely to use functional outsourcing (overall) than elite performance teams, and 3.2 times more likely to use outsourcing of any of the following functions: application development, IT operations work, or testing and QA.”
If your organisation outsources these functions, you’re almost certainly hamstrung by a siloed approach with handoffs that slow your organisation down. There’s probably some commercial, bureaucratic and teams friction too. The upshot is that new software features aren’t released frequently enough whilst maintaining stable services, and urgent updates or critical features are batched with low-value work.
There are better ways of working. And this webinar will help you unleash them.
Facilitated by our DevOps Product Owner Ed Pearson, the webinar will take an objective look at problems faced by organisations like yours. A three-strong panel of DevOps professionals will offer practical guidance, including Raj Fowler who led BAE Systems’ internal product’s transition to a seamless cross-functional model with a multi-sourcing model.
Issues to be covered include:
- The pros and cons of outsourcing, and the impact on organisational performance
- Introducing alternative sourcing models
- How not to be one of DORA’s ‘misguided’ performers
- How Raj Fowler overcame some of the challenges in BAE Systems and an overview of some of the models use.
- Building a high-performance software delivery and operation team and the importance of nurturing culture – the lynchpin of DevOps success
- Digital enablers such as Cloud Adoption and Automation
Date: 18th September
Time: 1pm (BST)
This is the first in a series of webinars offering guidance on key DevOps topics and related issues such as leveraging cloud features. Further dates and details to follow soon.