What You'll Do...
We are looking for someone who loves sharing their knowledge, helping others reach their maximum potential and have a passion for DevOps and Cloud Computing. You will relish keeping up to date with the latest relevant technologies and practices while helping others grow and develop their careers.
Working closely with our clients as part technical advisor, part coach and part trainer you will help our customers accelerate their adoption and build a solid understanding of modern approaches to infrastructure and software delivery.
You will break down complex, technical content into easy-to-understand terms through interactive lessons, live-lab challenges, real-world hands-on scenario driven labs, assessments, study guides and flashcards that will not only help teams understanding of the specific subject but come away energised and excited to take the learning and apply it in their organisations.
Through training workshops, you will take candidates on a journey helping them to explore technical issues, most of our programmes go on to provide coaching and working closely with candidates to provide ongoing technical guidance.
Here’s how your first month will look…
- Our People Team have provided you with everything you need to know during your induction, and you will have met your new squad (us!)
- You will have read at least three of the books provided in your New Starter pack.
- You will dive straight into your squad ceremonies and will have run a few. · You will be introduced to our Academy and begin DevOps Foundation Training and Certification if needed.
- You will be paired with another trainer or coach and have facilitated some sessions with our range of clients.
- You have learnt a tech stack you are not familiar with.
- You have been experimenting in our Sandbox accounts, trying new ideas, and playing with cool and exciting technology.
- You will have completed certifications for BCS DevOps Foundation and BCS Agile Foundation.
- You will be taking advantage of the fantastic benefits package and enjoying health rewards.
- You are enjoying the benefits of our remote-first environment and have everything you need for this
- Any queries or concerns? These have been addressed and you are more than ready for your DevOpsGroup future.
By month three…
- You are feeling empowered to start developing technical content for delivery through our online portal, outlining ideas, working independently on areas you are familiar with and working with the wider team on new areas of interest.
- You will start to work closely with our studio team to ensure that content aligns with our branding and driving forward any recommends/improvements as we grow our technical offerings.
- By now, you are not afraid to challenge others and you expect others to challenge you. Feedback is important to us and this is something you are comfortable delivering and receiving.
- You are familiar with every member of the growing DOG family and have met us all at a DOGConf.
- You will be familiar with training techniques like Training from the Back of the Room (TBR) and using them in your training material and workshops to ensure high levels of engagement.
- You are starting to deliver some exciting work for our clients, mentoring, training, and coaching candidates.
- Perhaps you have got a thing or two wrong along the way, that is great, you will be trying lots of new technology and exciting ways to train individuals. With this will come failure, and at DevOpsGroup failure IS an option and is something we are always learning from.
- You are planning training and development courses to take with your training budget – maybe a conference?
- You will be looking at securing more associate and professional certifications in your areas of interest, strengthening your understanding.
- You understand Agile methodologies and love moving JIRA tickets into done
- You have DevOpsGroup swag– and LOTS of it!
A full year with DevOpsGroup…
- On reflection, you have delivered some awesome things for our clients and your proud of the lasting value delivered.
- You have helped candidates move forward in their career, maybe even worked on one of our re-skilling programmes like AWS Re-Start where you can help candidates completely change career paths.
- You are helping to develop DevOpsGroup Academy technical training offerings and play a role in shaping the company’s legacy.
- You have had an opportunity to train others within our Academy.
- You have identified longer-term goals and are constantly evolving your professional development plan to make sure your constantly being challenged.
- You have helped candidates and colleagues grow in their careers, exciting them into new technology stacks and helping them accelerate their cloud journey.
- You have created some awesome products and courses for you (and us) to deliver.
- Your colleagues constantly provide candid feedback, working with you and are constantly helping you to reflect and grow.
- You have achieved significant progress on your learning pathway, securing associate or professional certifications in your chosen area.
- Whether it’s stage or screen, the platform is yours and you may be reflecting back on some epic uses of it.UK wide (Remote with occasional London office/customer visits required, post-pandemic
Meet some of the Academy Squad