What You'll Do...
We are looking to meet talented Delivery Managers with a good understanding of transformation, Agile principles and delivering professional services to large and complex organisations.
You’ll be working alongside our Sales Team, Consultants, Delivery Managers, Cloud Platform and Automation Engineers and Account Managers, as we help our customers succeed in the digital economy.
You will be working with our Enterprise customer base, who want to employ Cloud and DevOps principles, practices and technologies to accelerate their software delivery. We call this the game changing acceleration that unlocks productivity, creativity and competitive advantage. Your primary accountability will be to lead the delivery of customer value through collaborating with our customer stakeholders, leading and enabling your engineering squad(s) and working with the broader organisation to constantly optimise the flow of value to our customers.
Drawing on your broad knowledge of Enterprise organisations and their Project and Service Management practices and governance, together with your experience in delivering with Agile and DevOps principles in large enterprises, you will help our customers create and implement new strategic capabilities.
You will be involved in the full customer lifecycle from sales through to delivery and on to account development and expansion. You will be responsible for the line management and personal development of your squad. Your focus will be in delivering credible and tangible benefit for our customer thereby enable our business to sustainably grow.
Here’s how your first month will look…
- Our People Team have provided you with everything you need to know during your induction
- You are now using the laptop, kit and setup of your choice
- You’ll dive straight into ceremonies and immerse yourself in learning about your customers
- You’ll join many Zoom calls with both prospective and existing customers; shadowing engineers, consultants and other delivery managers to understand our approach to presales, discovery and planning, agile delivery management, operations and governance, and the day-to-day requirements of operating as a professional service
- You’ll meet and work with our Customer Lifecycle team made up our sales, consulting and account management team
- Your teammates will have bought you up to speed with their in-flight work, and you’ll get under the skin of our customers’ businesses and what they’re trying to achieve
- You will have been trained in all of the tools you need to manage and monitor successful deliveries
- We’ll introduce you to the business strategy and you’ll start to see how you can contribute, beyond your customer work, to moving us forward as a business
- You’ll attend your first DevOpsGroup Conference with updates on the company’s progress and strategy
- As a new starter, the access to our knowledge base and support systems is coming in real handy
- Any queries or concerns? These have been addressed and you’re more than ready for your DevOpsGroup future
By month three…
- Your confidence has grown as you really start to form relationships with our customers at all levels of their business
- With full support from your squad, you are now leading the delivery for one or two customers, maybe managing their migration into AWS or Azure from on-premises, or modernising their estate and architecture while uplifting the skills of their workforce
- You’ve continued pairing with others in your squad and the Customer Lifecycle team on pre-sales and discovery engagements, and you’re now much more confident helping to shape the flow of work into your squad
- You are contributing to the company’s strategy and objectives and feel comfortable creating your own
- By now you are dealing with changing priorities and have a deep understanding of your key stakeholders
- As you have full access to our DevOpsGroup Academy, you’ve probably completed some further certifications, such as the Agile and DevOps foundation or our Pragmatic Agile course
- Perhaps you’ve got a thing or two wrong along the way, failure is an option at DevOpsGroup and is something we are always learning
- You may be line managing some of your squad, with full support and training from our People Team and Line Management Community of Practice
- Perhaps you are sharing your skills and expertise to help other members of the team to grow, supported by the Delivery Manager Community of Practice
- You may have planned how you’ll be spending your training budget
- You will be contributing to and influencing the direction and growth of the division, working with the wider leadership team
- You may be coaching and guiding others drawing on your experience and what you have learnt at DevOpsGroup
- You are now familiar with every member of the DevOpsGroup family and how the different teams support you in your role
A full year with DevOpsGroup…
- On reflection, you’ve done some fantastic work with our customers and you can see the impact you’ve had on their businesses
- You know what you know, and know what you don’t know with thanks to your learning pathway
- You might be partway through a multi-year transformation journey, collaborating with your customer to deliver amazing value
- You may have also worked with our sales and consulting teams to secure new engagements, developing the future pipeline and will be actively growing and mobilising your team to help successfully deliver new outcomes.
- You may be actively engaged in shaping the divisional strategy and plans, in line with the company strategy, working with members of the Executive team
- Your customer satisfaction metrics demonstrate the high quality of delivery you and the squad have achieved
- From Recruitment to Finance, you’ve collaborated with every team at DevOpsGroup
- You are helping to develop DevOpsGroup as a company and play a role in shaping the company’s future