The WinOps Community needs you to share your knowledge and stories at this years WinOps Conf (Tues 24th May at CodeNode – http://www.winops.org/)
So the Call for Speakers is now open – and you can apply by completing the form right here – http://1drv.ms/1R0gdMP
The deadline for submission is 1700 on Friday 1st April 2016.
As you may already know, WinOps Conf is the world’s first community-led “DevOps on Windows” event.
Attendees at WinOps Conf will learn practical real-world solutions to the challenges in implementing a DevOps transformation in a “traditional Windows enterprise”.
WinOps Conf will feature a mixture of keynote speakers, case study presentations, technical workshops and “Ask Me Anything” panel sessions to try and make the day as interactive and informal as possible.
Core topics for the conference include:
- The cultural challenges, processes, and tools involved with DevOps
- DevOps practices such as Infrastructure as a Code and continuous delivery and testing in production
- How Microsoft solutions can integrate with, leverage, and support your existing Open Source solutions
- How DevOps practices can help you deliver higher-quality software on a shorter timeline and with better compliance
- Best practices in Azure and Hybrid Cloud, including Azure Stack
- Windows and Hyper-V Containers
- Building effective Application Lifecycle Management with Microsoft solutions and third-party tools like OctopusDeploy
The Standard presentation session will be a 45 minute presentation followed by a 5 min Q&A session with the audience.
If you wish to use Powerpoint or equivalent please use 16:9 slide ratio suitable for 1080p resolution projection
Wireless Internet access is available and speakers are encouraged to show live demos, running systems and generally take some risks!
All presentations will be anonymised to remove any personally identifiable information and then reviewed by the organising committee, given a rating of 1 (Weak) to 10 (excellent) based on the relevance to the WinOps audience, and then WinOps Conf reviewers will meet to discuss the proposals together and select the highest scoring talks offering topic diversity for inclusion in the agenda.
If you wish to learn more about the WinOps community please join our monthly meetup group here – www.meetup.com/winops