DevOps is “Big in Japan“, apparently, or so it would seem from Google Trends!
I was reading an article on Mashable on “cool Google tools” and decided to have a play on Google Trends researching DevOps versus other trends (namely “Agile Development” and “continuous delivery”).
The graph below shows some interesting trends:
- The DevOps search term has exploded since 2010 to almost be as popular search term as “agile development”
- The popularity literally nearly went vertical in early 2013
- The rise is probably slightly steeper that the rise for “agile development” in the 2005-2006 period but generally shows some similarities in virality (based upon my Mark 1 eyeball interpretation of the graphs, if there are any statisticians out there that can be more accurate feel free!)
- “continuous delivery” is a laggard in comparison?
- DevOps is most popular in… Japan! (DevOpsGuys blog was actually being translated into Japanese at one point, not sure if that’s still happening or not).
DevOps is big in Japan?